I am going to break down my Shop Stats for the Month of January 2103 (PaganCellarJewelry) and explain the top 20 sites I got views from . This should cover a majority of sites you will come across and give you more of an understanding of Shop Stats and where they come from. As a side note I had 20 sales for the month.
- etsy.com 4,471 - searched via Etsy.com
- Direct Traffic 4,008 - direct link to your shop or item
- rebelmouse.com 457 - linked from Rebelmouse which runs off of TWITTER
- google.com 240 - google searches that link to your shop
- longurl.org 125 TWITTER - shorten url from RT's or tweets set up on generator
- t.co 102 TWITTER - shorten url from RT's or tweets set up on generator
- stumbleupon.com 56 - people who STUMBLE onto your items
- wanelo.com 45 - people who actually click your item in WANELO
- Google Product Listing Ads 44 - Ads paid for by Etsy that bring people to your shop
- yandex.ru 43 - search engine from Greece
- pinterest.com 39 - People who actually clicked your Pin to view your item
- thefind.com 39 - a shopping website (i never signed up?)
- mail.yahoo.com 18 - if you are in a yahoogroup this will show up when you share a link
- bing.com 12 - searches from Bing.com
- facebook.com 8 - links from your facebook page or any shares (not very popular ;-( )
- google.co.uk 8 - UK version of google search
- twikle.com 8 - a Beta program like Rebelmouse
- google.co.in 7 - Google india
- twitter.com 7 - This is clicks from your TWEETS not from the generators or RT's
- Etsy Mini 6 - If you have set up an Etsy Mini on your blog or website this will show up
So some pointers, first of all stats change weekly this is just a month overview so check your stats daily, weekly and monthly to see where your focus needs to be. Secondly, always be open to new social networks and allow them 60-90 days before you judge them based on stats.
When you combine the Twitter sites you can truly see the importance of being ReTweeted. Had I not been ReTweeted I only would have had 7 views from Twitter. (i had 679 views thanks to RTs)
Google only works if you are following Etsy Guidlines to make sure you show up in searches. The more you follow the higher this number will grow!
Numbers like stumble with 56 and pinterest with 39 may seem like small numbers at first, but you need to realize that had you not gotten these visitors they would have never known about your store and you may have had less sales. Think in terms of a Brick and Mortar shop. They pay thousands of dollars to increase customer flow. The price they pay can be anywhere from $2-20 per new customer who walks in their doors. You are paying $0 to get these new customers that can turn into your best clients!
If you ever get a unkown link in your stats, just copy and paste it into your browser, you might a new place and be able to use it to your advantage. I am going to research thefind.com and this article since I never signed up for it maybe I can start getting more people to visit me from it! Happy Sales!