October 23 - November 22 -
Happy Birthday, Scorpio!
Scorpio - Latin for "the Scorpion" (Skorpios in Greek)
Citrine is a yellow-to-golden member of the quartz mineral group. A deep golden variety from Madiera
Citrine has been called the "stone of the mind". Ancient cultures believed that placing a citrine on the forehead of an elder would increase his psychic power.
Citrine is known as the lucky "Merchants Stone". If you are in any type of sales, just put a citrine in the cash drawer and watch what happens. Also used by healers to:
- increase self esteem
- protect from the negative energy from someone else's abuse
- open the mind to new thoughts
- promote clarity of thought
- Used by healers to help with digestion
- calm and soothe distressed conditions.
- Helps relieve depression, digestive problems (including constipation and diabetes)
- It will give joy and love to the owner.
*Topaz - is derived from the Sanskrit word "tapas", meaning fire.
Yellow Topaz, a quality gemstone, comes from
Russia and Brazil, and there are also mines in Mexico, Utah, Colorado and . Topaz has been known for at least 2000 years Texas
Imperial Topaz, a clear Golden Yellow color, has a touch of pink in it. It is also known as Golden Topaz.
The properties of Topaz:
- Constancy, loyalty, faithfulness and friendship
- Strength, releasing tension and balancing emotions
- Instills faith that you can bring all manner of good things into your life
- Attracts helpful people into your life that will benefit you and may bring new friendships.
A solar plexus chakra and sacral chakra stone - the stomach area.
- Excellent for liver, kidney and bladder problems or imbalances
- Helps to calm stress and irritability
- Recharge your energy
What constitutes the difference between the real topaz and the citrine?
A fluorine aluminium silicate in chemical terms, the topaz is considerably harder and heavier than quartz, and it has a higher refractive index, which endows it with more fire when the colour is good. It does have one weakness: its good cleavage qualities, which must be taken into account when it is being worked on. It can be found in all the colours of the rainbow and has been known to Man for at least 2000 years. It has not been proved beyond doubt whether the name comes from Sanskrit or Greek, though the Greek name 'topazos' means 'green gemstone'. The Romans dedicated the topaz to Jupiter. (Source: International Colored Gemstone Association)
Celebrities born under the sign Scorpio:
Charles, Prince of Wales
Charles, Prince of Wales
Written by Linda Blatchford